METRO Day Pass functions as a debit card for riding METRO. You can load and store money on it – and then money will be deducted each time you pay your fare. You can also reload money on the card at any time. A METRO Day Pass may be used on any of the following METRO
• Local Bus*
• Community Connector*
• Park & Ride
* Local service
• Local service: $1.25 (discounted fare - 60 cents)
• Park & Ride: $2-8 (discounted fare - half price)
When using local services, the maximum daily amount deducted is $3.00 for a regular Day Pass and $1.50 for a discounted Day Pass. After that, you'll be entitled to unlimited use of those local services for the rest of the day.
Tap your card on the validator and the fare amount will be deducted. If you prefer to go contactless, you can hold your card near the fare validator as well. In both cases, make sure the light on the validator registers green in the upper right.
• Free transfers between any METRO service of equal or lesser value for up to three hours in any direction
• For transfers to a service with a higher cost, only pay the fare difference for up to three hours in any direction
• Card balance protection, if card is registered
If you use a METRO Day Pass on Park & Ride services, the cost to ride doesn't get applied to the maximum deductions described above.